Hair loss is a metabolic disorder where hair starts thinning, falling, or disappearing. There are many causes of hair falling like as stress, thyroid imbalance, pollution, chemicals in hair styling products, heredity factors, prolonged Illness, unclean condition of the scalp, poor blood circulation and ofcourse lack of proper nutrition. To treat hair fall, it is always better to opt for natural remedies. Home remedies are natural and without any side effects and the best part is that they are easily available and also cheap. Some of the home remedies for treating hair fall are:
Natural Hair Massage
- Regular oil massage: Massage your hair regularly using olive oil or coconut oil or mustard oil or castor oil. Then after few minutes, wash your hair.
- Herbal Oil Massage: You may prepare herbal oil by boiling olive or coconut oil with fenugreek seeds, garlic pods, cumin seeds, dried lemon peels, curry leaves, or Indian gooseberry. Strain the oil and store in a container. Use this oil to massage your hair. This oil massage will relieve stress, improve circulation, and nourish the scalp for healthy hair growth.
- Vitamin E Oil: For this, break open three to five capsules of vitamin E in coconut oil and blend well before use. And then massage your hair.
Other Natural Applications for Reducing Hair Fall
- Lemon and Amla Juice: Make a mixture of lemon juice and amla juice and apply the mixture to the scalp. This helps in reducing hair fall and control dandruff.
- Neem Leaves: Boil neem leaves in water. Strain the water when it is cooled. Wash the hair with this water. You can also mix neem oil with coconut oil and massaged where there is hair fall.
- Coriander Juice: Apply fresh coriander juice onto the scalp. This will reduce hair loss.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Soak fenugreek seed overnight and grind them into a paste. Apply the paste and leave it at least 40 minutes before washing. Continue it for a month.
- Mustard Oil and Mehendi Leaves: Boil one cup mustard oil with four tablespoon heena (mehendi) leaves. Filter it and keep it in a bottle. Massage your hair with this regularly. It is very effective natural remedy for hair loss or baldness.
- Onions: For baldness, use onions. Rub onions on the bald patches till it becomes red. Then apply honey on the bald area. It is very effective natural cure for baldness
- Aloe Vera: Massage the scalp and hair with coconut milk or Aloe Vera gel. Leave it for few minutes, and then rinse with warm water. Do this 2-3 times a week.
- Honey and Olive Oil: Mix a small amount of honey with olive oil and apply the mixture on your hair. Allow it to stay for some time and then wash it off with warm water.
- Egg White: Apply raw egg white and keep it for half an hour. Then wash it off with a shampoo. You can also add lemon juice in the egg white. This will strengthen the roots of hair.
- Eat nutritious food, with plenty of leafy vegetables.
- Eat a protein rich diet. Include soybean, dried apricots, whole grain cereals, mango, sprouts, lentils, yeast, wheat germ, milk, yogurt, and buttermilk in the daily diet.
- Have multivitamin tablets if you do not have time to have a healthy breakfast.
- One cup of lettuce and spinach juice taken daily prevents hair loss.
- Use gentle shampoos so as not to remove natural oils from the scalp and hair. You can also make your own herbal shampoo. Mix 100 g each of amla (Indian goose berry), reetha, and shikakai and boil in two liters of water. Use this shampoo for your hair for one month. This will prevent hair loss.
- You can also prepare another home made shampoo by adding 5 tbsp of curd, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 2 tbsp of gram raw (chholia) powder. Apply it on the head for an hour and then wash.
- Do a vigorous rubbing of the scalp with fingers after washing the hair with cold water. It is also a good natural hair loss treatment.
- Try to reduce the stress and tension in your life, learn to relax. Stress causes hair loss.