Some common, effective home remedies to treat anxiety are as follows:
- Almonds: Make a drin using almonds. Take 10 raw almonds and soak them in water, overnight, to soften them. Peel off the skin, put them in a blender with one cup of warm milk. Add a some nutmeg and a little bit of ginger. Blend this mixture up and drink before going to bed. This helps you to relax.
- Baking Soda:Add 1/3 cup of baking soda and 1/3 cup of ginger to a warm bath and soak for 15 minutes. Soaking in a bath can help relieve tension and anxiety.
- Oil Massage: A massage can really be helpful to relieve tension and anxiety. Use sunflower, coconut, sesame, or corn oil for a massage. Just heat little bit of preferred oil and rub over your entire body, including your scalp and feet. You can give yourself an oil massage before your morning bath or before going to bed to help calm your nerves.
- Celery and Onions:Eat two cups of celery or onions, or a mixture of both, raw or cooked for a week or two. You can eat them alone or with meals. This will give you enough potassium and folic acid. It is said that potassium and folic acid deficiency can cause nervousness and celery and onions are both high in potassium and folic acid. Orange Juice:Take a glass of orange juice mixed with one teaspoon of honey and a pinch of nutmeg. Drink this juice if you experience a racing heart with anxiety. This will calm your nerves and slow your racing heart down.
- Rosemary: Rosemary has a calming effect. Make a tea with rosemary by adding 1 or 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary to a cup of boiling water. You can also use rosemary to help calm your nerves by inhaling it. Make incense out of it by burning a sprig of the dried herb.
- Give your mind a break when you need to. Meditate or pray as often as you need or want to help you relax.
- Keep a diary to track the things that may trigger anxiety. Also make sure to make note of certain foods that may trigger an anxiety attack.
- Exercise regularly.
- See a therapist or talk to a friend or family member about your anxiety. Talking about it can help tremendously.