Dark circle is one of the most common problems faced by many. The dark coloured skin below the eyes is referred as dirk circles. It can be due to age, heredity, mental stress, sitting in front of the computer for ling hours and lack of proper diet and diet. Dark circles cause a person look very pale and also sick. The whole look of a person changes with dark circles. There are many concealers available in the market, which can hide the dark under eye skin, but for a temporary period. It is better to opt some essential home remedies to get rid of dark circles.
Home remedies for dark circles can be helpful. Check out these effective home remedies for dark circles.
To Apply Under Eye
- Tomato juice: One of the popular home remedies for dark circles under eyes is to apply a paste made from a teaspoon of tomato juice, a pinch of turmeric powder, half teaspoon lemon juice, and a pinch of gramflour for about 10 minutes.
- Cucumber or Potato Juice: Apply cucumber or potato juice on the eyes with cotton balls. It acts as a bleaching agent. You can also put a cucumber slice or potato slice on your eyes for some time.
- Cold tea bag: Application of used cold tea bag is also helpful in soothing the eyes and curing dark circles.
- Lemon juice: Make a mixture of lemon juice, cucumber juice and lanolin cream, apply under the eyes and keep for 10-15 minutes.
- Almond Oil: Almond oil is considered best in removing the dark circles. Massage the area with the oil at night before going to bed.
- Vitamin E Oil: Application of cream with vitamin E and C also helps in reducing the dark circles.
- Rose water: Keep cotton balls dipped in rose water under the eyes for 10 minutes daily.
A proper healthcare and healthy diet followed can also help to get rid of dark circles.
- Proper Sleep: Seven to Eight hours of sleep is a must as most dark circles occur for lack of sleep.
- Water: Drinking good amount of water also helps in lightening the dark circles under the eyes.
- Vegetables and fruits: Eat vegetables and fruits that are rich in vitamin E for healthy eyes.
- Balanced and nutritious diet: Always have a balanced and nutritious diet including fresh fruits, salads, yogurt and sprouts in your daily diet, along with unprocessed cereals, cottage cheese (paneer), skimmed milk, beans and lentils.
Dark Circles Under Eye Herbal Cream
Some of the best under eye cream available in India are:
- a. Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel
- b. Khadi Under Eye Gel
- c. Wunder Eye Cream:
- d. Oriflame Eye Cream, Seeing is Believing
- e. The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye cream